Today I’m going to show you how to clean a vape pen. You might be wondering why you even need to clean your vaporizer—and the simple explanation is that the cleaner it is, the better it’s going to function. It’s going to give you a better taste and will also be way less prone to leaking.
If you have a pen that’s filled to the brim and there’s always a little bit of oil that’s not being burned, that can leak down into the battery posts. I’ve never had this happen personally but I have seen it happen to lots of other people. So cleaning your vape pen is not only important to flavor but it also prevents all the subsequent hassle that comes with a leaky vape device.
How to Clean a Vape Pen: Step by Step
1. Turn your stove burner on to a low heat setting, somewhere between 2 and 4.
2. Cover a small baking pan in tin foil and place your atomizer onto a clean spot.
3. Leave the tray on the burner for about 5 minutes (give or take depending on the temperature and how dirty it is).
4. It’s going to be quite hot so use a pot holder to pick the atomizer up. See what’s drained out underneath and then replace the atomizer on a new clean spot for another 5 minutes.
5. After it cools, you’ll see you have a fairly clean atomizer—but it’s not perfect yet.
6. To get a completely clean atomizer, do two burns offs while holding it upside down. Put it on the highest temperature and leave it for 10-15 seconds.
7. Now put it back onto the pan again for another 5 minutes to drain off the stubborn residue.
8. The result will be a beautifully clean atomizer. It looks brand new!
9. Finally, take apart the mouthpiece of your vape pen and put it in a small bag of isopropyl alcohol. Shake it up real good then put it on a paper towel to dry.
How Often Should I Clean My Vape Pen?
Clean your vape pen every couple of weeks to a month, depending on how much you use it.
This process will not degrade your atomizer or mouthpiece in any way. On the contrary, the cleaner you keep it, the more life you’ll get out of your atomizer and the performance of your device will be much better over the lifespan.
So I definitely recommend you clean your vape pen on the regular. It doesn’t take long and you’re going to get a way better experience when you’re using it in between cleans.
Looking to upgrade your device? Check out our full range of genuine vape pens with worldwide delivery and at the best prices guaranteed.